Using a fake voice created by AI, the crook pretends to be the president tricking the CEO $ 243,000
The crook used an artificial intelligence system to create fake voices and trick the CEO of a large energy company, making him think he was following orders from his superiors and transferring thousands of pounds to one other third party.
In March of this year, a serious fraud that took place in the UK related to AI (artificial intelligence) made many people nervous. In particular, the crook used an artificial intelligence system to create fake voices and trick the CEO of a large energy company, making him think he was following orders from his superiors and transferring thousands of pounds. He gave it to another third party.
According to a report from the Wall Street Journal (WSJ), the branch manager received the call and believed that the call came from the president of the parent company in Germany because the voice had very similar 'tones'. with the CEO of the parent company. The CEO complied with the request of the German voice to transfer 220,000 pounds (US $ 243,000) to a freight hub in Hungary.
The victim said, the German voice promised to repay immediately. After the transaction took place, the crook continued to call to say that the money was refunded. After that, he continued to call again to ask the victim to transfer an additional amount. At this point, the victim only noticed that the phone number originated from Austria, and checked that there was no refund notice, so he refused to comply with the request.
The money that the CEO cheated was transferred to Mexico and then distributed to a series of small banks scattered everywhere. So far, the culprit behind this high-tech scam has not been determined.
This is not the only case where an AI application has been used by criminals to commit crimes. As these fake voice apps evolve and improve, they could become tools that criminals use to commit bad behavior.
- Tips to avoid fake Download button
- 5 real-time voice changing software for Discord, Skype, Steam
- 15 sentences from French President Emmanuel Macron inspire those who dare to change
- PC worm 'touches the neck' President Bush
- Top 15 applications to 'transform' your voice on iPhone
- Virus 'President Milosevic's death'
- The 'fake fake' series of images has the potential to cause viewers to be extremely powerful
- Listen and try to distinguish Google's new AI-generated voice from human voices