Testing new features on Google Chrome caused thousands of browsers to crash, IT staff miserable
Over the past week, thousands of businesses' computers were inactive.
Over the past week, thousands of businesses' computers were inactive. The reason is determined by a test change that Google is quietly making on stable versions of Chrome.
Specifically, when users access Chrome through virtual machine environments such as Citrix and open Chrome tabs, the computer screen is blank, the browser also completely reacts to what the user can not do. This makes IT system administrators extremely frustrated because they have not been notified before and have spent a lot of valuable resources and time to find ways to fix errors in their environment.
After receiving complaints from thousands of users on Google support forums, bug tracking pages, on Twitter and Reddit, Google had to revoke the trial. And it has revealed its test. Specifically, Google has enabled a parameter to enable WebContents Occlusion, a new feature designed to suspend Chrome tabs when users switch to another application, and help reduce resources when users do not use Browser.
The incident has caused many people to worry about Google testing thousands of users and their multi-million dollar service business.
- Slow loading sites will get a 'shame badge' by Google.
- Google Chrome 78 officially launches, Dark Mode default for every site
- Warning: New malware can hijack Vietnamese users' access to Facebook and Gmail
- Chrome browser on Windows computer crashes, this is what you need to do
- To speed up Chrome browser, apply these tricks
- Fix Shockwave Flash crash error in Google Chrome
- Instructions for enabling Smooth Scrolling on Google Chrome
- Add 3 useful features for Chrome
- 6 useful features on Chrome browser users should know