Microsoft automatically installs Windows 10 on some PCs without users' permission
Some recent reports show the status of Windows 10 May 2020 Update automatically downloaded and installed on some computers without users' permission.
Microsoft began shipping Windows 10 (2004) or May 2020 Update to users last month. Typically, users who want to receive updates in Windows Update will have to perform a manual check and Microsoft will provide them with new updates if their device is eligible for an upgrade.
However, some recent reports show the status of Windows 10 May 2020 Update automatically downloaded and installed on some computers without the user's permission.
According to computer experts, this situation is caused by a system error on devices that have stopped the update. Windows Updates will automatically check for new updates when the installation temporarily pauses updates, then download the Windows 10 (2004) updates and install them.
Microsoft has not yet provided any official feedback on this information. But this is not the first time a new version of Windows has automatically installed on a user's computer without permission.
In the past, Microsoft allowed users to upgrade free of charge from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 when the operating system was first released. This latest operating system upgrade automatically downloads users' computers via the Get Windows 10 application that Microsoft silently installs on them. Everything is hidden in the background so the user is unaware.
- Turn off driver update on Windows Update Windows 10
- Windows 10 update continuously, why?
- Microsoft releases a new Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge will be hidden if you install Edge Chromium
- Fix error 'you need permission to perform this action' in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- The trick prevents Windows from automatically updating specific drivers
- Microsoft Edge has been accused of stealing data from Firefox on Windows 10
- Instructions to disable Microsoft Consumer Experiences on Windows 10
- How to login automatically to Windows 8
- Microsoft admits to deactivating some Windows 10 PCs
- Fixed 'Permission to access this folder' error when accessing a folder in Windows 10