Causes, ways to prevent and cure tinnitus when flying
Many people often suffer from tinnitus, earache when the aircraft takes off or lands. This phenomenon can affect hearing within a week after the flight ends. You can completely overcome this situation by chewing gum or simply yawning . Why is that?
Why do tinnitus go when flying
Our outer ear and middle ear are separated by the eardrum. In the middle ear there is an Eustachian tube that connects the middle ear and the nasopharynx. When yawning or swallowing, this tube opens up air from the nose and mouth into the middle ear, making the air pressure of the middle ear and outer ear equal.
But when the aircraft takes off or landed pressure increases, it drops dramatically if the Eustachian tube is not well-formed, causing the pressure between the middle ear and the inner ear to widen, causing the eardrum to bulge and pull back, creating an earache. , Tinnitus.
How to prevent tinnitus when flying
When the plane takes off or landed, you should do some of the following tips to avoid earaches and tinnitus.
- Valsalva test: Two hands squeeze the nose wings, close their mouths, blow their breath to the ear so that the Eustachian tube expands to help balance the middle ear pressure.
- Chewing candy chewing gum.
- Swallow continuously saliva or drink small sips of water.
- Create yawn action.
For young children:
- Do not let children sleep when the aircraft takes off or lands.Give your baby a bottle or a bottle.
- If your child is older, you can let him blow balloons / vomit bags, paper bags or chewing gum.
Notes before flying
- Before going on a plane, if you have nasopharyngitis, see a doctor for advice and prompt treatment.
- The most postoperative patient is the tonsillectomy, sinus surgery after at least 4 weeks before being able to fly, ask a doctor before going.
- Do not drink alcohol or coffee before boarding the plane because it is easy to break small blood vessels as these constrict the blood vessels.
- The ear plugs on airplanes only help reduce noise and not reduce tinnitus.
If tinnitus persists after getting off the plane or an earache, you should see an ear, nose and throat doctor immediately for timely treatment to avoid ear infection between the fluid due to pressure, fluid in the middle ear. .
- 9 differentiate between bathing with hot water and cold water to health
- Do these to keep lung cancer away from you
- Reveal 12 ways to cure bad breath at home
- Cordyceps what cure?
- Pocket these 12 secrets to overcome the obsession of flying
- Why is drunk cafe? How to cure caffeine most effectively?
- How to prevent and treat dry eyes effectively
- 12 ways to treat headaches immediately without using drugs
- Good news: New drugs can prevent damage and bone loss caused by arthritis
- The world's first flying racing race is about to become a reality: Taking place at the end of 2020, using the model car like in this fantasy movie to compete