What is Node.js?
What is Node.js?
Features of Node.js
Here are some important features that make Node.js the leading choice in software development:
Event Driven : All the APIs of Node.js library are asynchronous, meaning no blocking. It is essential because Node.js never waits for an API to return data. The server switches to an API after calling it and has the Node.js Event notification mechanism that helps Server receive feedback from previous API calls.
Simple but high-performance processes : Node.js uses a single thread model with repetitive events. Event mechanisms help Server return responses in a non-blocking manner and create highly efficient Servers in contrast to traditional ways of creating a limited number of threads to manage requests. Nodejs use single-threaded programs and these programs provide services for more requests than traditional servers like Apache HTTP Server.
No padding : Node.js application does not store buffer data.
License : Node.js is released based on MIT License.
With Node.js, you have to do everything
Node.js is just an environment - this means you have to do everything yourself. There won't be any default servers !!! A script handles all connections to the Client. This greatly reduces the amount of resources used in the application.
Who uses Node.js
Below is the link on the github wiki containing a list of projects, applications and companies using Node.js. Included in this list are eBay, GE, GoDaddy, Microsoft, Paypal, Uber .
Important components in Node.js
The following diagram describes the important components of Node.js that we will discuss in the next chapters.
Where is NodeJs used?
Here are the areas where Node.js is used as a perfect choice:
- I / O applications
- Data flow applications
- Real-time data applications
- Applications rely on JSON APIs
- Single Page Application applications
Where Nodejs should not be used: It should not be used in CPU-intensive applications.
According to Tutorialspoint
Previous lesson: Insert algorithm (Insertion Sort)
Next lesson: How to install Node.js
- Keep the spray to clean your computer away from boiling water to ensure safety
- Start Office programs in Safe Mode
- (6 months) Free copyright of System Mechanic, utility to speed up, clean up your computer
- How to hide photos and videos on iPhone using SafeVault
- Portrait of MacBook Pro 2012
- Ntcmdprompt command in Windows
- Deploy Data Protection Manager 2007 (Part 2)
- To view photos on Instagram, you must register, you can no longer 'watch pagoda'
- How to Dispute iTunes Charges
- Egg bag rice: Korean recipe and method