Microsoft is about to stop supporting PHP on Windows
Software giant Microsoft has just announced that it will soon stop supporting the PHP programming language on Windows in the near future. PHP is supported on Windows starting at Vista, and currently it supports up to PHP 7.3 and PHP 7.4. However, starting with the next major version of PHP, PHP 8.0, Microsoft will remove support for this language on the Windows environment.
Talking about this new decision, Dale Hirt, Microsoft PHP project manager, said:
"Traditionally, Microsoft's support circuit for new PHP versions is 2 years from the release date to fix general system errors and 1 year later to fix security holes. This means that PHP 7.2 will be officially out of support in November. PHP 7.3 will also be moved to the security fix mode only in that month PHP 7.4 will continue to have 1 year of fixing the system error and then 1 year. We are committed to maintaining and developing PHP on Windows for versions 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 as long as they are officially supported. stop PHP support on Windows environments starting with version 8.0 or higher " .Notice from Microsoft
So in the future, if you want to run the latest version of PHP on Windows, you need to use WSL and run PHP in a Linux environment.
PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is a scripting language or type of code used primarily to develop server-based, open-source, open-source, general-purpose applications that can be embedded in HTML. The strength of PHP lies in its ease of use and high flexibility in many situations. However, this language also contains two major drawbacks, that is not easy to maintain the system and not high performance.
- Microsoft stopped supporting SQL Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008
- It's time to say a real goodbye to Windows XP!
- Microsoft will officially stop supporting Windows Phone, and check your device deadline
- Users are not yet ready to give up Windows 7
- The browser will stop using TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 in 2020
- Microsoft has stopped supporting Windows Phone 8.1
- Microsoft is about to death Windows 8 Store
- Windows Server 2003 died after July 14
- Google Chrome will stop supporting Windows 7 after 18 months
- Microsoft announced that it will stop supporting security updates for Windows 10 1903 from December 8, 2020