It is not difficult to remove unpleasant odors in the washing machine
The washing machine you are using regularly, suddenly finds a bad smell. If you continue to use the smell will haunt the clothes, making us uncomfortable. If you have not been able to verify the reason why the washing machine smells and doesn't know how to handle it, then please refer to the article below.
1. Causes the washing machine stink:
- Wastewater in pipes: This waste water is not drained when washing and discharging but still retained.It is these deposits that make your washing machine smell bad and moldy.
- Washing machine gets moldy inside: This is not strange when washing machine is often wet and closed, and this is a favorable environment for mold growth.
You can consult many washing machine brands at META online shopping channel to receive enthusiastic advice and many other attractive incentives:
2. How to handle the odor problem in washing machine:
Take a soft cotton cloth, then wet it with vinegar, and then wipe the cover.
Add about 2 cups of vinegar or lemon juice to the washing bucket, then run the washing cycle in the hottest water mode to get rid of the smell, stains or detergent residue.
You continue to scrub around the edge of the lid / door with a cotton cloth saturated with vinegar to remove mold, dirt or residual detergent residue.
Remove the detergent box and rinse water, rub them in the water bath. After drying this compartment, install it again.
- To prevent residual washing powder residue in the pipe, you should use a liquid detergent to help the washing effect more outstanding and less residual soap residue. Use washing water for washing machines.
- After using the washing machine, you should use the hot water wash mode to remove the remaining solution in the machine.
- For front-loading washing machines, you should also regularly check the rubber gasket at the washer door, and you can use a dryer to clean the dirt there.
- After washing, you should leave the washing machine door and detergent door open, to keep it clear, to avoid moisture remaining in the washing machine, causing bad smell and mold.
3. Kill the musty odor in the washing machine:
To kill off the musty odor in the washing machine, you can use bleach solution or mix a mixture of vinegar and baking soda, then start washing mode but no clothes, to clean the machine. However, this is only a temporary way to do this, but if you want to eradicate these stubborn mold molds, then follow the steps below:
Unplug the power cord to ensure absolute safety.
For two types of top-loading washing machines and front-loading washing machines, there will be locations that are easily different molded:
- For front-loading washing machines, use a paper towel to rub the rubber edge around the door frame.First wipe the outside, then flip up the inside.
- For top-loading washing machines, use a sponge sponge (dishwasher) to scrub the remnants in the soap compartment together with the soft laundry detergent.
After completing these 2 steps, you have eliminated a lot of dirt that causes mold. However, in order to eradicate this musty smell, follow the following steps:
Plug the power back into the washing machine. Then, adjust the hottest temperature along with the longest washing cycle
Pour 2 cups of vinegar into the water (pour it into the bleach frame). After that, give the device a full cycle, no clothes.
After completing the cycle in step 4, you continue to run one more cycle (also with the highest temperature and the longest time) with 2 cups of detergent solution.
After completing these steps, your washing machine is officially clean, no more moldy smell.
- To keep your washing machine clean, clean and smelly, once a week, let the machine run a washing cycle, no clothes with a solution: 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of baking soda.
- The door should be opened slightly after each washing to keep the machine dry and ventilated, especially for upper-door washing machines.
By using the above tutorial, you can remove all odors when using the washing machine. To keep the washing machine clean, you should clean the machine more often with extremely simple tools. Thus, the smell will never attack the washing machine again.
Refer to the following articles:
- Washer errors and how to fix them
- Error codes for washing machines Sanyo, LG, Toshiba
- In these ways, it is possible to clean up the smell of your family's refrigerator
Hope this article is useful to you!
- Washer errors and how to fix them
- Should buy a good washing machine affordable price
- Stay away from this if you don't want your washing machine to fail quickly
- How to use washing machine durable and effective?
- The necessary precautions when using a front-loading washing machine
- How to identify Samsung washing machine error and how to fix it
- Should dirty clothes be immediately put into the washing machine?
- Does the washing machine make your clothes durable?