How to connect a wireless mouse to a computer
Connecting a wireless mouse to a Mac or Windows computer is easy thanks to Bluetooth technology.
In some cases when you are using a laptop, especially playing games or performing difficult tasks, the trackpad will not be able to handle it all. Or in case you need more flexibility and space than a wired mouse when using a desktop computer.
The best option you have in these situations is to connect your mouse wirelessly to your computer.
Fortunately connecting a wireless mouse to a Mac or Windows computer is easy thanks to Bluetooth technology.
That's why both Mac and PC users rarely want to use the trackpad regularly and always carry a wireless mouse with them.
How to connect a wireless mouse to a Mac
Step 1. Turn on pairing mode on mouse if it is not already enabled. Normally there will be a green light or a blinking light indicating it is ready to connect.
Step 2. Open the System Preferences app on your Mac (the silver cog icon).
Step 3. Select Bluetooth from the list of options.
Select Bluetooth from System Preferences
Step 4. You will see your mouse appear under Devices . Select Connect .
Step 5. Connected status 'Connected' appears under the device's name to let the user know that your Bluetooth mouse is connected to your Mac and ready for use.
How to connect a wireless mouse to a PC
Step 1. Make sure your mouse is connected. Follow the mouse instructions if you are unsure how to proceed.
Step 2. Turn on Bluetooth on PC by turning on switch in Bluetooth & other devices section of Settings .
Step 3. Go back to the Settings menu and select Devices .
Step 4. Click Add Bluetooth or other devices .
Step 5. Next, select Bluetooth .
Select Bluetooth under Add a device
Step 6. On the Add a device page , you will see a list of connected wireless mice. Select the mouse and it will automatically connect.
Select a paired device
Wait a moment the computer will let you know the device is ready for use.
- 8 things to know when buying a computer mouse
- Top best wireless mice 2019
- How to fix the wireless mouse error does not work
- How to Connect a Mouse to a Mac
- Notes when buying wireless mice for office people
- Logitech launches MX Master 3, the world's best office mouse
- Instructions to connect the computer to other devices via bluetooth
- How to connect a wireless microphone to a computer to sing karaoke
- Guide to connect wireless headphones to a Windows PC and Laptop
- How to connect a mouse from a third party on Mac