Should choose between: Aluminum pot and stainless steel pot?
Aluminum pot and stainless steel pot are 2 types of pot used by housewives quite a lot. However, between these two types of pot, use which is more durable and safer for your health. Please refer to this article of Quantrimang to make a reasonable choice.
I. Advantages and disadvantages of aluminum pots
Aluminum is a material that has high heat transfer ability, so it is often used for cooking. Aluminum pot is made from aluminum and some other metals. Aluminum alloy is stronger than conventional aluminum and is processed on the surface to limit the ability of aluminum to dissolve into food.
- Light weight, good thermal conductivity as well as sudden heat change.
- Aluminum cookers are cheap and durable over time.
Currently, aluminum pots are usually surface treated with Anodized technology which is resistant to scratches, antioxidants and non-sticking.
- Aluminum is a soft metal that is easily scratched. During the cooking process, aluminum can be mixed into food and water, affecting health. In particular, foods high in salt, pickles will decompose aluminum compounds very quickly. So, do not cook too much salt or sour food in the pot for too long and leave it overnight.
- Conventional aluminum pots will not be used on the induction hob.
II. Advantages and disadvantages of stainless steel pot
Stainless steel pot (or stainless steel) is an alloy of iron, nickel and contains at least 10.5% chromium. It is less corrosive and discolored. The nickel rate in stainless steel makes the pot brighter, more shiny, less rusty and more durable, so the higher the ratio, the higher the quality of stainless steel.
There are 3 popular types of stainless steel used to produce products on the market that are used to produce kitchenware and utensils:
- Stainless steel 304 (18% chromium, 10% nickel): Contains no impurities, difficult to oxidize, does not react with food, shiny surface, does not catch from. Because of the high cost, it should be used for high-end household.
- Stainless steel 210 (18% chromium, 3% nickel): Contains impurities, easy to oxidize, does not react with food, lower gloss, no magnetic catch, low cost.
- Stainless steel 430 (18% chromium, 0.75% Nickel): Also carries similar characteristics as stainless steel 210 but is capable of magnetic capture, so it is used to produce stainless steel saucepans for both induction cookers.
- The price is relatively soft and cheap, suitable for consumers' pocket.
- Pot is durable, usable for a long time.
- Good scratch resistance, the product is always shiny like new.
- Stainless steel pots do not react with foods such as pickles, foods high in salt, so you can put food in the pot overnight without worrying about health effects.
- Can be used on induction cooker (Stainless steel 403).
- Because made from stainless steel, the weight is heavier than the aluminum pot.
- Thermal conductivity is longer than aluminum pot, but with improved bottom pot, this disadvantage is getting better and better.
- Stainless steel radiators are uneven, often with thermal shock, not hot spots, so if using a bottomless or thin bottom stainless steel pot, it is easy to burn or only for cooking soup, boiled, unable to fry, stir-fry grease.
- Therefore, if you want to use stainless steel pot with more use such as frying, stir-frying, cooking, storage . then use stainless steel pot with 3 or more bottoms:
+ The outer 430 stainless steel layer, has the main function of capturing and helping the pot to be used on the induction hob.
+ The pure aluminum layer in the middle has the function of regulating heat distribution evenly.
+ Inox layer in the same: Depending on the product, stainless steel 430, 201, or high grade 304 can be used as an antioxidant effect between aluminum and safe food.
Top stainless steel saucepan are best selling today
1. Sunhouse SH223 1-bottom stainless steel pot set - Reference price: 289,000 VND
Sunhouse SH223 1-bottom stainless steel pot set is made of stainless steel material so it has always shiny surface, high durability, limited scratch and very easy to clean. Stainless steel material also has the advantage that long-term use does not create rust, minimizing chemical reactions to food so it is safe for health.
The bottom of the pot is designed with a thin layer to help heat transfer faster, cooked food will be cooked faster so it saves electricity or gas fuel. In particular, the bottom of the pot also has the ability to lead from good, so users can take advantage of the pot to cook on the electromagnetic stove, helping to save costs compared to having to buy another set of pots for the kitchen from home. friend.
- Made in Vietnam
- Brand: Korea
- Material: Stainless steel
2. Sunhouse SH890 premium stainless steel pot set - Reference price: VND 769,000
Sunhouse SH890 consists of 3 units with diameter 16cm, 20cm and 24cm respectively. Pot body is made of high quality stainless steel material very durable and safe for the health of users. The knob is designed with solid stainless steel, which definitely helps to move the pot safely.
Design of luxurious Sunhouse SH890 stainless steel pot set, 3-layer thick bottom design for extremely good thermal conductivity, longer heat keeping food fast and always hot to enjoy. Because it is made of stainless steel, it is extremely shiny and very durable.
Sunhouse SH890 stainless steel pot set with bottom base with magnetic base should be cooked on gas stove, infrared stove has just been used on the induction cooker, which saves more for your family.
- Made in Vietnam
- Brand: Vietnam
- Type of kitchen used: Gas stove; Kitchen infrared; Induction cooker.
3. Sunhouse SH336 3-bottom stainless steel pot set - Reference price: VND 379,000
SH336 stainless steel pot set is good for all types of cookers, such as gas stove, infrared stove, including induction cooker. Therefore, you will save a significant cost because you do not need to buy a new pot when switching from gas stove to electromagnetic stove.
The Sunhouse SH336 stainless steel pot set is designed with 3 bottom layers welded together by high frequency welding method. The two outer layers of stainless steel have been treated to minimize chemical reactions. The middle layer is the round aluminum plate used to increase the thermal conductivity.
Cooker pan is made from transparent tempered glass which is convenient to observe the cooking process as well as the food inside without opening many times. Tempered glass withstands strong impact, safe for users and easy to clean.
- Made in Vietnam
- Brand: Korea
- Color: Silvery white
III. Should use aluminum or stainless steel pot?
In the long run, if you use aluminum cookers, the aluminum elements that eat too much will inevitably cause negative health effects. Therefore, you should limit the use of aluminum cookers when cooking. However, at present, some aluminum pot products are applied oxidation Anodizing technology to bring safety to health and you can choose to use them.
If your home has an induction cooker, you can choose to buy stainless steel saucepan with bottom for use. Stainless steel pots and pans have good heat transfer ability, help food to cook quickly, save time and maximize energy.
In particular, these pots and pans do not react chemically with food cooked in a pot, safe for users' health. Bottom stainless steel pots and pans have 2, 3 layers of heat spread more evenly, cooking many dishes, food does not burn.
In general, whether aluminum or stainless steel pots have their own advantages and disadvantages. Currently, thanks to modern technologies, the application has overcome their disadvantages. Selecting products depends on the needs of each family.
Wish you soon find a product like that!
- New 3D printing techniques especially for stainless steel materials
- Top of the best selling stainless steel welding machines today
- Is your pot set properly used?
- Choose to buy safe, cheap aluminum ladders
- The standard and safest Tig welding technique
- Installation instructions for Son Ha water tank
- Vizio started joining the computer market
- 5+ The most reliable precision cutting aluminum cutting machine available today