Microsoft has just released a major update to the Microsoft Remote Desktop iOS app with a long list of notable improvements, changes and additions. This is understandable because more than 12 months have passed since the application was last updated.
This new update brings a lot of important changes that significantly affect the user experience, such as the completely new Connection Center UI utility, which allows flexible switching between applications and PCs. connectivity, as well as between many different applications. Along with that is the ability to support Bluetooth SwiftPoint mouse, microphone navigation, local storage redirects as well as dark background themes.
With this new update, the Microsoft Remote Desktop iOS app will officially step into version 10.0.0. Let's take a look at some notable changes that will appear in the new update below:
- Support for Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) services.
- Completely new user interface, allowing switching between connected applications and PCs.
- Additional on-screen keyboard updated with new layout
- Improved support for removable keyboards.
- Support for SwiftPoint Bluetooth mouse.
- Support microphone navigation.
- Support local storage redirection.
- Support camera redirection (requires Windows 10 1809 or higher).
- Support for new iPhone and iPad devices.
- Support dark and light background themes.
- Control whether your phone can lock when connected to a PC or remote application.
- Collapse the connection bar during the session by holding down the Remote Desktop logo.
Microsoft Remote Desktop is a free tool that allows users to control PCs or virtual applications and desktops remotely on their iPhone or iPad.
You can download and install the Microsoft Remote Desktop application on the App Store.