Intel warns users not to overclock Alder Lake CPUs that are not in the K series
According to Intel, overclocking a non-K-series Alder Lake CPU will void the chip's warranty and damage both the chip and computer components.
Earlier this year, many users discovered that even non-K series Alder Lake CPUs from Intel could be overclocked. Alder Lake is Intel's latest generation of CPUs, so users are curious about the performance of these CPUs.
However, Intel warns users not to overclock on non-K series Alder Lake CPUs. If you persist in doing so, it will void the chip's warranty and damage both the chip and machine components. count.
"Intel non-K-series 12th generation processors are not designed for overclocking. Intel will not warrant that processors that operate beyond their specifications. Changing frequency or voltage Overclocking can damage or shorten the life of the processor and other system components and reduce system performance and stability," Intel shared.
Many people believe that a bug in the coding of the Alder Lake-S series of chips made these CPUs overclockable. Most likely in the future Intel will release an update to solve the problem.
According to YouTuber der8auer, the BCLK setting unlocked overclocking capabilities for the Alder Lake-S genera. der8auer has tried overclocking on different S-series processors such as the Intel Celeron G6900 and i3-12100 with success.
Then, overclocking fan Phantom K set a world record when overclocking the Intel Core i3-12300 chip with a frequency of 5,441.7 MHz in more than 33 seconds. Meanwhile, another overclocking enthusiast has also shown that he can push the Celeron processor to 5,338 MHz, a 57% increase over the benchmark using only the standard cooling options.
The BCLK function appears in the BIOS settings of the ASUS STRIX B660G, ASUS B660F and ASRock B660 Steel Legend motherboards.
- CPU-Z has a new version, adds support for Alder Lake chips, DDR5, XMP 3.0
- Microsoft and Intel confirm Windows 11 is optimized for the big.LITTLE design of Alder Lake chips
- Intel desktop CPUs are going to take a leap forward when equipped with PCIe 4.0 and a new graphics core
- Intel revealed information about Core i9-12900KS Alder Lake 'special edition': the first Intel CPU clocked at 5.5GHz
- Intel released the 10th generation H series CPUs for laptops, promising outstanding performance
- Revealed 11 Intel's first generation 10 Ice Lake CPU models
- What's new on Intel's 10th generation CPUs?
- CES 2020: Intel unveils Tiger Lake CPU, promising 'badass' graphics processing performance