How to turn on Chromecast in Microsoft Edge Chromium
To show content from a computer to a TV or to other devices we can use Chromecast. This helps users minimize the use of complex plug-in wires. The Chromecast feature appears on the Google Chrome browser first and is now the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser. Since Windows 10 is equipped with Miracast, the old Microsoft Edge browser cannot use Chromecast.
However, the Chromecast feature has been disabled in the browser, so users must re-enable it manually. The following article will guide you how to turn on Chromecast on Microsoft Edge Chromium browser.
- How to project a computer screen to a TV with Chromecast
- How to share Windows 10 Mobile screen on PC via WiFi
- How to connect laptop to TV via HDMI port
- How to use 2 screens on a computer
Instructions to turn on Chromecast on Edge Chromium
First, users need to set up Chromecast to connect to the same network as the computer. In the Microsoft Edge Chromium browser interface, at the access bar the address you enter edge: // flags .
Display the new interface, enter the keyword # load-media-router-component-extension .
Display this feature, users need to switch to Enabled activation mode.
Continue back to the search bar to enter keywords # views-cast-dialog .
Then you need to switch from Default to Disabled mode .
Finally press Relaunch Now to restart the browser.
When the Microsoft Edge Chromium restarts, click the 3 dots icon on the browser toolbar, then select the More tools and click Cast media to device .
Immediately the Chromecast icon displays in the toolbar as shown below.
On the browser interface also informed about Chromecast, click OK, Got It .
A smaller dialog box appears, click on the Cast to arrow to select the content you want to share. Here the user has the option to share the website tab screen, computer screen or media file slideshow.
Compared to the old Edge browser, limited use of Chromecast, users can easily activate and connect to different devices with Microsoft Edge Chromium. Using Chromecast on Edge Chromium is similar to Chrome.
I wish you all success!
- Microsoft Edge is about to add a series of features to support remote work and enhance security
- How to turn on Dark Mode on Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium has added support for ARM64
- How to translate English Vietnamese on Microsoft Edge Chromium
- There is an Edge Chromium browser, invite download and experience
- Leaks Microsoft's new Chromium Edge download link
- How to turn on Reading View on Microsoft Edge Chromium
- How to create bookmarks on Microsoft Edge Chromium