Discovering a new planet with all the conditions to make a new place for humanity
Recently, NASA announced a new discovery of a new planet called TOI 700 d, which has many Earth-like features discovered by the Tess space telescope.
According to the researchers, the TESS telescope detected a total of four Earth-like planets, named TOI 700 a, b, c, d, respectively. These four planets orbit the star TOI 700, located 100 light years from Earth. Of these four planets, only the 700 d TOI is in the "Goldilocks Region", which is moderately distant from the host star so the temperature can allow water to exist in liquid form.
The star master TOI 700 is only 40% the size of the Sun, and its surface temperature is only half that. And the TOI 700 d is about 20% larger than Earth, with a period of 37 days orbiting around the star. One side of this planet is always bright.
A computer simulated image of the planet shows that TOI 700 d can be covered with a dense atmosphere and filled with CO2. The planet may also have oceans.
TOI 700 d is one of the few planets that scientists have discovered could have life outside the Solar System and is about the size of Earth.
- The asteroid is similar in size to the Pyramids of Giza, and is likely to crash into Earth on May 6, 2022
- The Earth is losing mass despite receiving 43 tons of dust from other planets every day
- Discovered 20 Earth-like planets that could contain life
- The mysterious 9th planet could be a 'free floating' planet
- 10 most impressive scientific discoveries in the world in the first 6 months of 2016
- How to Make the World a Better Place
- Unexpected discovery of the city hosting the 2016 Olympics
- You will want to come to these 30 great locations before being invisible to the mirror
- Top 12 hottest things in the universe
- Discovering two 'super-Earths' only 12 light-years away can hide life