5 best features of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
Let's take a look at the 5 best features of the Galaxy Flip 5 and see if it's a worthy upgrade over its predecessor.
1. Gapless hinge
Perhaps the most important improvement on the Flip 5 is the improved hinge mechanism. The device is now fully foldable with no openings - unlike all previous Galaxy Flip phones. This reduces the thickness of the device, preventing dust and water from entering.
This is not the first time we have seen this. Some other manufacturers have made phones that don't leave a gap when folded. However, none of those phones have an IPX8 rating, so Samsung is the first to offer water resistance and a gapless hinge at the same time.
2. Bigger screen
The Galaxy Z Flip 5 introduces a larger external display, now known as the Flex Window. It measures 3.4 inches, much larger than the 1.9 inches found on its predecessor. The large screen will help display more information and allow you to do more than before. You won't need to open your phone often and be distracted.
The shape of the external monitor is rather strange and resembles the Windows File Explorer icon; It's certainly an interesting design choice, but it takes time to prove effective. And don't forget that a bigger screen isn't always better on a folding phone. Time will tell how useful the screen really is, but it's definitely one of the phone's biggest strengths.
3. 256GB Base Memory
Like the Galaxy S23+ and S23 Ultra, the Fold 5 now offers 256GB as base storage. This is great news if you always find yourself running out of memory and having to delete photos or apps to free up space on your phone.
Now, to be fair, 128GB is enough storage for most people. But if you're a content creator, download a lot of movies, shoot a lot of 4K videos, plan to keep your phone on for a long time, or simply want peace of mind that you won't run out of space, having more storage will definitely help. useful.
4. Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip ordered separately
Galaxy Flip 5 is equipped with a Galaxy-specific Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip similar to the Galaxy S23 Ultra. That means you can expect it to deliver noticeably better sustained performance and improved heat management.
Also, thanks to the increased performance of the chip, the phone will be able to offer slightly longer battery life than its predecessor despite having the same 3,700mAh battery.
5. New color options
Since the Flip lineup is a fashion-focused product, having new color options is a notable feature. After all, Samsung is marketing this phone as an accessory to express itself.
Galaxy Z Flip 5 comes in 4 standard colors: Gray, Purple, Cream and Mint Green. But if you order from the official Samsung website, you can choose from 4 additional exclusive colors including Grey, Blue, Green and Yellow.
Like its predecessor, the Flip 5 could also get a custom version in the near future, allowing you to customize the look and feel of the phone to your unique taste and to reflect your style.
- DxOMark gave Samsung Galaxy Z Flip a lower score than the iPhone XS
- Galaxy S20 and S20 +: Snapdragon 865 / Exynos 990, 8 / 12GB RAM, 100X zoom camera, 8K video recording
- GSMArena reporter tells of the troubled journey to repair Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5, Z Flip 5 revealed variant information, color options before the launch time
- 6 top new features on Samsung's Galaxy S20 flagship device
- Compare the durability of Galaxy Z Flip and Motorola Razr when dropped from a height of nearly 2m
- The experience video series showcases all the new features on Galaxy S9 and S9 +
- Official information about Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus: Price, date of sale, specifications and special features