How to hide the search button on the Windows 11 taskbar
However, not everyone has the need to access the search feature on a regular basis. If you are also among them, you can remove/hide this search button icon to optimize the space of the taskbar. How to do it is very simple.
Hide the Search icon on the Windows 11 taskbar
To remove the Search icon from the taskbar area on Windows 11, you just need to do the following simple steps:
First, right-click the Search button (it looks like a magnifying glass icon) on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Immediately, an option will appear, click ' Hide From Taskbar '.
The Search icon will immediately disappear from the taskbar.
Alternatively, you can also remove this Search button from the taskbar from Windows Settings. First, access the Windows Settings menu (press Windows + i key combination ) and navigate to Personalization > Taskbar . In the ' Taskbar Items ' section, click the toggle switch to the right of the ' Search ' option to switch it to ' Off '.
After that, close the Settings window and you will see that the Search button is no longer on the taskbar. However, you can still perform search queries in Windows 11 at any time by pressing Windows + s on your keyboard to open a dedicated search box — similar to when you click the Search button on the taskbar. service. Or you just need to click the Start button and start typing search keywords.
Show the Search button again on the Windows 11 taskbar
If you change your mind and want to re-enable the Search button on the taskbar, right-click an empty area on the taskbar and select ' Taskbar Settings '.
You will automatically be taken to Personalization > Taskbar in Settings. Find the ' Taskbar Items ' section and toggle the switch next to the ' Search ' option to ' On '.
Immediately, the Search icon will reappear on your taskbar.
- Hide the Search button and the Task View button on the Taskbar on Windows 10
- How to hide the 'Task View' button on Windows 11
- How to automatically hide the Taskbar when zooming in on the screen
- How to Hide the Windows Taskbar
- How to hide the Taskbar on Windows 11
- Instructions to hide Taskbar in 2 steps
- How to hide the Taskbar in Windows 10
- Instructions for hiding files and folders in Windows 10 Search
- 8 tools to hide programs running on Taskbar or Traybar
- How to customize the Taskbar in Windows 7, change the location, hide the Taskbar