How to fix automatic restart error on MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina?
An issue that appeared on Apple's updated macOS Catalina 10.15.4 operating system was that it caused the user's 16-inch MacBook Pro to occasionally restart unexpectedly. TipsMake helps you fix this error in the way below.
An error appeared on Apple's newly updated macOS Catalina 10.15.4 operating system, causing the user's 16-inch MacBook Pro to occasionally restart unexpectedly. Apple has not yet formally dealt with it, but you can use one of the following.
The problem occurred in a 16-inch MacBook Pro when the device was in the idle period. The device may restart unexpectedly while in Sleep mode, when starting to enter that mode or when starting to use again.
A similar problem occurred with the 13-inch MacBook Pro version 2019 earlier this year, forcing Apple to issue a new support document. As for the new restart error, Apple has not yet given an official answer, but we still have a temporary fix in the meantime.
Fix unexpected restart error on MacBook Pro
This error appears to be related to the Power feature on macOS. In most cases, removing the error (at least when Apple releases the complete fix) is also quite easy.
Here is what you need to do:
- Open System Preferences .
- Select Energy Saver .
- Uncheck Enable Power Nap while on battery power .
- Open Power Adapter .
- Uncheck Enable Power Nap while plugged into a power adapter .
This fix is not ideal if you depend on Power Nap, but at least it does not start your computer unexpectedly (for now). Please be assured that Apple recognizes this error and the full bug fix update will appear soon.Turn off Power Nap on macOS
If disabling Power Nap does not prevent restarting, your MacBook Pro may be having other problems. Try reinstalling macOS or contact Apple Support to investigate the root of the problem.
What is Power Nap mode?
Power Nap was first introduced in 2012, allowing Macs to continue backing up, checking for new emails, syncing lots of data even when inactive. It can be extremely convenient but for most users, this mode is not strictly necessary.
- Apple Mail error can cause data loss in macOS Catalina
- Everything you need to know about macOS Catalina
- How to add videos to iOS devices in macOS Catalina
- How to downgrade macOS Catalina to Mojave?
- How to sync iOS device with macOS Catalina
- How to use Screen Time in macOS Catalina
- macOS Catalina, the new operating system for Mac computers, has just been announced by Apple
- How to fix Automatic Repair error in Windows 10
- How to restart the Touch Bar on macOS
- How to install new free Mac fonts in macOS Catalina