How is the structure of 2-layer, 3-layer, 4-layer and 5-layer medical masks different?
In the time of air pollution or respiratory epidemics raging, masks are indispensable items when going out.Currently, many people tend to use medical masks to be able to throw away immediately after use, without wasting time on washing and drying.These types of medical masks have from 2 to 5 layers, the number of different classes will have different uses.So what is the difference?Join us to find out!
Benefits when wearing a medical mask
Air pollution in large, densely populated cities not only directly affects the airways, but also reduces your skin and health.Besides, complicated respiratory diseases such as COVID-19 epidemic cause many people to worry and find ways to take initiative in prevention, of which wearing a mask is one of the simple but effective actions. Prevention is very high.
Currently on the market there are many different types of masks for you to choose from, but medical masks are still the best-selling products because of its convenience and safety.Medical masks with many layers have many different uses such as: preventing water, preventing droplets from being released from the body into the environment, antibacterial, fine dust filter . are said to be more effective than those of normal fabric page.Moreover, the medical mask is very handy and compact, you can easily carry it with you, after using, users just need to throw it into the wastebasket, no need to wash and dry much time.
However, not all masks have all the above uses, but also depending on the structure of each type.So the structure of medical masks are different how?Stay tuned for more to find the answer.
Structure of medical masks
With a completely different design than conventional cloth masks, medical masks usually have from 2 to 5 different layers.
2 layer medical mask
2-layer medical masks are the thinnest, least-sized medical masks and have the least use.The construction of this medical mask is usually only 2 layers: an outer layer of waterproof nonwoven fabric and an inner layer of nonwoven fabric.Therefore, two-layer medical masks only work against large particles of dust such as soil and sand, but not against viruses, bacteria or fine dust.This type of mask is usually quite thin, some can see through the mask, so the price is also the cheapest among medical masks.
3-layer medical mask
3-layer medical masks are the most popular and most used medical masks currently.Structure of a 3-layer medical mask in the form of basic protection with:
- The outer layer is a waterproof nonwoven fabric that helps prevent water from getting inside as well as blocks most of the large dirt, this layer is usually a colored layer to distinguish it from the innermost hygroscopic layer.
- This is followed by an antibacterial filter cloth made of Polymer fibers, capable of minimizing harmful bacteria and dirt smaller than 10 micrometers.
- The final layer is a non-woven fabric that has a strong hygroscopic ability, helping to prevent droplets from the nose, mouth of the user when speaking, coughing, sneezing .
3-layer masks are used in many hospitals, community health centers, concentrated medical isolation areas . because they are cheap and have enough basic preventive measures.
4-layer medical mask
In order to enhance the ability of dust masks for medical masks, manufacturers have launched a line of 4-layer medical masks, namely: Waterproof, non-woven outer layer, then a layer of fabric dust filter, antibacterial, followed by a layer of activated carbon and finished with a layer of desiccant to prevent mold.
In general, 4-layer medical masks are not much different from 3-layer medical masks, the biggest difference lies in the activated carbon filter cloth.Activated carbon has long been in the handling of impurities in the water, air . so it is also applied in mask manufacturing to increase the effect of fine dust filtration and prevent certain chemicals, toxic gases such as CO2, SO2, H2S . thereby minimizing the factors that adversely affect human health.
Currently activated carbon masks are usually divided into two main types: The type with activated carbon laminated sheet is placed between two layers of fabric and one is a woven fabric from activated yarn, sewn together.
5-layer medical mask
Compared with 2, 3 or 4-layer medical masks, 5-layer medical masks are a step forward that brings more preeminent effects.Structure of the most popular 5-layer medical masks currently includes layers: Airy layer, activated carbon layer, electrostatic precipitator layer (PM2.5 fine dust), small dust filter layer, non-woven waterproof cloth layer country.
The highlight of the 5-layer mask is that the electrostatic dust filter can remove fine PM2.5 dust, this is a very small size dust, when entering the body and penetrating into the cells by their blood. will destroy the autoimmune mechanism of the body causing many acute diseases and permanent damage to important organs such as lungs, heart, brain .
Notes when using medical masks
Although it is an indispensable product during the time of respiratory outbreaks, if you use a medical mask incorrectly, it will likely backfire and push the risk of infection for yourself and the community. higher up.Therefore, when using masks, you should note the following:
- Choose masks of reputable production units, with adequate and clear labels in terms of information, should not buy floating masks of unknown origin.
- Only use medical masks once, do not reuse them many times.
- Wear a proper medical mask, cover the nose and mouth to prevent viruses and bacteria from entering through the gaps, do not pull the mask under the chin when talking, eating.
- When wearing a mask to let the blue face out due to the blue side is resistant to water, large droplets of saliva shot will not penetrate inside, may fall down.The white side has a hygroscopic property so it rotates inward, letting the breath escape into the mask.Masks must cover both the nose and mouth.
- Absolutely do not touch the surface of the medical mask when you are wearing it, including adjusting the position, because this is probably the place where harmful bacteria and viruses exist.Your hands will most likely unknowingly infect the virus and other pathogens, then pass on the disease to yourself and those around you.If you want to remove the mask, you should remove by holding both sides of the mask strap and pulling out from the ear.
- After removing the mask, you should throw it into the trash according to the regulations and wash your hands thoroughly with soap for at least 20 seconds.
It can be seen that although the structure has many different layers, the main uses of medical masks are still dust-resistant, resistant to bacteria and viruses that enter the body through the respiratory tract.
Although they offer many benefits to users, this is not the most radical measure to prevent viruses at the time of the disease outbreak, but only one of the preventive measures.Therefore, users should not be subjective, depend on medical masks but ignore other hygiene measures such as washing hands with soap, eating and drinking boiling .
Moreover, during the epidemic season, medical supplies are often mobilized to give maximum priority to the medical forces of physicians and health workers, so we should not use medical masks indiscriminately. dumps cause the scarcity of medical supplies as well as releasing into the environment a large amount of hazardous medical waste that burdens the disposal of these products.
Instead, we can use reusable antibacterial cloth masks over and over again.The current cloth masks are also researched and manufactured on advanced technology lines, designed with many layers of filter cloth with the same effect as medical masks, so you can rest assured use.
Our information can hopefully help you better understand the structure of medical masks being sold on the market today so that you will not have the hassle of buying the wrong product.Wishing you a good health and always have a sense of self-protection to protect yourself and those around you so the disease can be quickly repelled.
- Why are medical masks in black, white, gray, pink and blue different?
- Why does Apple have millions of masks to donate to the medical force?
- Close-up of how the medical mask production line operates?
- The easiest way to make your own medical mask from Dr. Pham Hung Van - President of Ho Chi Minh City Association of Clinical Microbiology
- Photo: All types of anti-virus masks
- How to Use Layer Masks in Zoner Photo Studio X
- Facebook banned the advertisement of masks to prevent COVID-19 from selling
- How to use Photoshop CS5 - Part 10: Use Layer Mask and Vector Mask to delete the background image