AMD released the first Ryzen-Vega chip combo for desktop computers
Advanced Micro Devices has released the first Ryzen chip that combines graphics with a desktop processor (CPU).
Accelerated processors (APU) combine Radeon Vega GPU with Zen CPU for mid-range and low-cost desktops. AMD said the new chips will reduce the cost of gaming PCs and other desktop computers.
The AMD Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen 3 2200G processors combine the latest Zen CPU cores with the advanced Radeon Vega architecture on the same chip, providing "HD gaming performance at the console" on the desktop.
Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon RX Vega 11 graphics has 4 cores and 8 streams. It works at 3.9GHz for CPU and 1.25GHz for graphics, for $ 169. Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics has 4 cores and 4 threads, for CPUs operating at 3.7 GHz and GPUs operating at 1.1 GHz, for $ 99.
Lisa Su, CEO of AMD
Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen 3 2200G are now available, and PC makers are expected to sell PCs with these two chips in the next few months.
AMD's chief executive, Jim Anderson, said: "A year ago, when the first Ryzen chip was released, it boosted innovation and competition in the personal computer market. This destined throughout 2018 through consolidating the Ryzen chip portfolio, by adding two leading APUs designed to meet the diverse needs of today's personal computer users. AMD desktops are a perfect example of the innovation that we bring to the market for users of commercial PCs and PC users . "
These two new chips are equipped with Improved AMD SenseMI technology, allowing lower power usage at higher frequencies and reducing memory latency. New APUs also support Precision Boost 2, a multi-core enhancement algorithm that enables it to operate at higher frequencies in virtual reality gaming and applications. And with integrated graphics, this new processor is compatible with Radeon FreeSync technology and compatible screens.
AMD said: The Ryzen 5 2400G processor offers the same graphics performance as the Intel Core i5-8400 processor for $ 199 plus an $ 89 Nvidia GeForce GT 1030. It can achieve 156% higher graphics performance than Intel Core i5-8400 and 35% higher graphics performance when overclocked.
- The chip that combines Intel and AMD gives the baby PC with a palm that can use VR
- Intel shook hands with AMD to release the 8th generation chip competing with Nvidia
- Overview of vulnerabilities on Intel, AMD, ARM chips: Meltdown and Specter
- Intel played big, released Comet Lake 10 core chip to 'weigh them' Ryzen 3000 of AMD?
- AMD released the 2nd generation Ryzen computer processor with SenseMI technology
- AMD's Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX achieved 6Ghz overclocking speed on all 32 cores, breaking many records
- AMD launches Ryzen 9: 12-core CPU, PCIe 4.0, for $ 499
- This is the first 7nm GPU, equipped with 32GB memory
- Review Lavie Vega: Ultra-light laptop with 4K OLED screen
- Intel unveiled the 'real' benchmark results of the 9th generation Intel chip, defeating AMD Ryzen 3000 at all important tasks.
- Top best CPU for PC 2020
- How to use Combo Update OS X to troubleshoot installation
- AMD Ryzen 7 4000 Series, the world's first 7nm chip family for laptops