Instructions on how to connect iPhone to computer in the most detail
In this article, TipsMake will help you learn how to connect iPhone to computer in the most detailed way. Let's take a look at the content below!
When using an iPhone, connecting the device to a computer is important for data transfer, backup, or software updates. However, many iPhone users still have difficulty connecting to the computer. In this article, TipsMake will guide you on how to connect your iPhone to your computer in the most detailed way. Let's take a look at the content below!
How to connect iPhone to a computer running Windows operating system
To be able to connect iPhone to a computer using the Windows operating system, users need to install the iTunes application so that the device can fully recognize the iPhone's driver. This is also a tool used by many people in connecting thanks to its convenient features.
To connect, you just need to do the following:
- Step 1: Access the link: https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes and install the iTunes application to your device according to the version suitable for your computer as follows:
- For computers with 8GB RAM: Choose the 64-bit version.
- For computers with 4GB RAM: Choose the 32-bit version.
- Step 2: After completing the download process, open the file and proceed with the installation > Click Next .
- Step 3: Tick the 3 boxes, then select the language you want to use and the destination drive to install the application at the screen displaying Installation Options > Click Install .
- Step 4: Click Finish > Select Agree to accept the terms.
- Step 5: Use a USB cable to connect your phone to the computer.
After connecting, your phone will display a notification, select Trust > Proceed to enter your iPhone password to accept the connection .
To confirm successful connection iTunes will display the phone icon > Just click on the phone icon.
How to connect iPhone to computer running macOS operating system
To connect your iPhone to a computer using the macOS operating system, you can use a Lightning to USB connection cable to plug into your iPhone and MacBook. The macOS operating system has built-in iTunes and drivers so the device can immediately recognize the iPhone and connect quickly.
Macbook computers also support easy connection via Bluetooth. You need to perform the following steps:
- Step 1: Turn on the Bluetooth feature on iPhone.
- Step 2: On the macOS menu bar in the upper right corner of the screen > Click on the Bluetooth icon .
- Step 3: Select System Preferences > Continue to select Bluetooth . The devices you can pair with will then be displayed.
- Step 4: In the list of devices that appears, select your device name > Click Connect to ready to connect to the computer.
In addition, you can also use the Wifi sync feature for extremely fast connection. To make the connection and transfer data, the steps you need to take are as follows:
- Step 1: Use the Lightning to USB A or Lightning to USB C cable to connect the iPhone and MacBook devices.
- Step 2: Access macOS File Finder > In the Locations section , in the left navigation bar, select your iPhone device name.
- Step 3: After completing the connection, select the General tab .
- Step 4: Select Show this Iphone when on Wi-fi .
- Step 5: Click the Apply button .
Note: Synchronizing data via WiFi between MacBook and iPhone will have a slower speed when using a connection cable. When you want to disconnect your iPhone and computer, you should click the Eject button on the Finder application to avoid data loss.
Finally, you can still use iCloud service to sync data or connect iPhone and MacBook. So as not to waste time opening the USB cable and the iTunes application. You can follow the instructions below:
- Step 1: Visit the iCloud.com website
- Step 2: Log in to your Apple ID account on the iPhone device you are using.
- Step 3: For the first time you log in, you need to enter the authentication code when the system requests.
- Step 4: You can access data such as: Images, Contacts, Emails, even files you have saved on the simple Files application. At the same time, in the Find iPhone section you can also find your lost iPhone.
Note: You should not store your account login information on a public computer in case your data is stolen when logging into your iCloud.
How to connect iPhone to computer via Bluetooth
Connect iPhone to computer via Bluetooth with just a few simple steps as follows:
- Step 1: Go to Settings > Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone device.
- Step 2: For computers running Windows 10 operating system, press the Windows + I key combination .
- Step 3: After the screen displays, select Devices > Select Bluetooth & devices .
- Step 4: Click Add Bluetooth or other devices > Continue selecting Bluetooth and wait for the device to scan for your iPhone.
- Step 5: Click to select connect to iPhone to quickly pair the device with the computer.
Note: When connecting your iPhone to a computer using the Windows operating system using Bluetooth for the first time, you need to enter the pin code to make a synchronous connection between the two devices. The pin code will be displayed on the iPhone and you need to enter it in the Windows operating system request dialog box.
Use iFunbox software to connect
Using 3rd party software like iFunbox is also a simple way to connect your iPhone to your computer. This application is not as heavy as iTunes but still ensures support for many functions that can interfere deeply with the system. In addition, you can use it for Windows and MacOS operating systems.
You can access and download at: https://www.i-funbox.com/en/index.html
iFunbox also integrates advanced features beyond data copying capabilities such as:
- Allows you to manage, install and delete iPhone ringtones.
- Ability to quickly copy and restore contacts.
- Can access the system file folder on iOS.
- Use iPhone as a portable data drive to copy and store all types of files.
- Supports access to the data folder of each application on iOS.
Use a USB cable to connect
Connecting an iPhone to a Windows or MacBook computer using a USB cable will require your computer to have a driver to recognize the iPhone device and iTunes software (for Windows 7, Windows 10 operating systems). You need to perform the following steps so that the drivers can be fully installed.
- Step 1: Need to install iTunes on Windows 7, Windows 10 according to the instructions in the above sections.
- Step 2: Plug the connection port between the iPhone and the USB port into the device.
- Step 3: The system will recognize the iPhone device and take a few minutes to install the driver for the first connection between the two devices.
- Step 4: You may have to restart your device after the system installs the iPhone driver, your iPhone device will be displayed in iTunes.
- Using USB cables of poor quality will interrupt data copying when you connect between two devices. So you should use genuine iPhone charging cables or reputable Apple accessories.
- In case you use a MacBook computer, you just need to plug in the USB cable to connect, the device will automatically connect at any time because the MacOS system has the iPhone driver pre-installed.
Frequently asked questions when connecting iPhone to computer
iPhone crashes iTunes, how to fix it?
This is one of the most common conditions. The simplest fix is to force you to restart your iPhone device, restore your phone or update iTunes to quickly resolve the error.
When connecting to the computer, nothing is displayed on the screen. How to fix it?
For this error, the first thing you need to do is determine the cause of the error and from which device (iPhone, connection cable, computer or iTunes software,.). Then you can perform the fix in the most suitable way. You can follow the steps below:
Check the connection cables: Confirm whether the condition of the cables connected to the device is broken or damaged. If so, you need to quickly replace it with a new cable for connection.
Check the USB connection port: Make sure that the USB port on your computer is still working well. If the USB port encounters errors or is damaged, you should try connecting the device to another USB port.
Restart the device:You can reconnect to see if the problem is resolved after restarting both your iPhone and computer.
Check the iTunes software again: You need to make sure that the iTunes software on your computer is updated to the latest and does not encounter any problems. After checking, you can update the iTunes software and reconnect.
Turn off do not disturb mode on iPhone: Make sure that do not disturb mode on your iPhone is turned off. If you have disabled this mode, you can try connecting again.
In case, after checking all the above error conditions, you still cannot connect to other devices. You can replace it with another computer to see if the problem is with your computer or not. If the problems still cannot be fixed, you should take your iPhone to a repair or warranty center to have the problem checked and fixed.
Thus, in today's article we want to share with readers some instructions on the most detailed ways to connect iPhone to computer as well as related content. Hope readers will get useful information. Wish you success and thank you for following the article.
- How to Connect iPhone to Your Computer
- How to connect phone to computer easily for iPhone and Android
- How to Connect iPhone to Linux PC Using KDE Connect
- KDE Connect is officially available on iPhone
- Instructions for connecting your HTC One phone to your computer
- Only charging the battery through a computer, your iPhone may also be hacked
- How to set up CarPlay to connect iPhone to car
- Instructions for connecting the projector to a computer, laptop
- KDE Connect - Download the latest KDE Connect here
- How to fix iPhone error does not show Trust This Computer