Close-up of the 3,300-year-old golden coffin of pharaoh Tutankhamun
King Tutankhamun's body was placed in three layers of coffins. The outermost coffin is a stone sarcophagus, the second layer of coffin is made from gilded wood and colorful glass, and the innermost coffin is made from pure gold and embedded with precious stones.
Egypt is famous for its pyramid-shaped tombs and the Valley of the Kings, the final resting place of powerful pharaohs. Among the 63 tombs in the valley, the tomb of Tutankhamun , Egyptian pharaoh of the 18th Dynasty, stands out and attracts the world's attention the most because of the priceless golden treasures buried in it.
King Tutankhamun was the youngest Pharaoh in Egypt, ruling from 1332 - 1323 BC. The young king died when he was only about 18 years old.
The tomb of this legendary Egyptian king was discovered in 1922. King Tutankhamun's body was placed in 3 layers of coffins. The outermost coffin is a stone sarcophagus, the second layer of coffin is made from gilded wood and colorful glass, the innermost coffin is made from pure gold and studded with precious stones.
Inside the more than 3,300-year-old golden coffin is the mummy of King Tutankhamun with an elaborate burial mask.
King Tutankhamun's golden coffin was exquisitely crafted by ancient craftsmen with an inner surface made of wood, a layer of linen in the middle and an outer surface covered with a thin layer of precious gold with a thickness of about 14 - 18 microns.
5,000 of King Tutankhamun's treasures will be stored at the Giza museum, near the Great Pyramid in Cairo. One of the main exhibits here is Tutankhamun's golden coffin.
- The glittering gold warehouse in the ancient Egyptian tomb of Pharaoh Tutankhamun
- This is the most deadly disease in human history
- Voting offerings for the golden ceremony saw the ancestors on Tet holiday
- What do you know about golden ratios (Golden Ratio) in design?
- Things to know about golden time in photography
- The groundbreaking archaeological findings about ancient Egypt
- The 3,000-year-old copper arrow was discovered in Northeast Scotland
- What are the golden strands in a banana? Can I eat it?
- How to close the application on Android
- Cats are perfect animals, at least when applying the Golden Fibonacci ratio