Handheld devices help see bacteria on the wound
One of the real problems with harmful bacteria is that we cannot see them with the naked eye - this can be a special problem for doctors who are examining chronic wounds due to infection. . That's why MolecuLight i: X is created. This device allows doctors to see where the bacteria are present in real time and then adjusts the treatment accordingly.
Users start using the i: X device to get close to the wound under normal light. This image did not initially indicate where the bacteria existed but it served as a reference for the healing process of the wound.
The light will turn off, and the device will now capture a wound with harmless purple light. This condition makes healthy skin emit green fluorescence on the i: X screen, and the bacterial population emits red fluorescence. This device also shows the exact contour of the wound, and can calculate its area - as with reference images, this information can be used to track the healing process over time.
There is no need to add any contrast agent, nor does it have any direct contact with the wound. When you know where bacteria are present, doctors can focus on necessary treatment, monitoring and analyzing wounds during treatment.
In a clinical trial that took place in Toronto, the use of the device also reported that it could make wounds heal nine times faster than conventional care.
MolecuLight i: X is currently approved for use in Canada and the European Union, but not in the US.
- Why are wounds always worse than normal in the cold season?
- Mistakes caused the wound due to ants burning three long burning chambers
- How to treat blisters when walking a lot, wearing tight shoes
- The world of microbes shimmering and fantasy on your teeth
- Nintendo unexpectedly launched a new version of Nintendo Switch, a constant configuration, cheap startling
- Get fever with new technology to identify E-coli bacteria
- Bowel bacteria help anti-cancer immunotherapy work better
- The towel is the ideal environment for bacteria to grow
- Drug-resistant bacteria greatly affect people living in nursing homes
- Top 10 best handheld game consoles 2018
- Probiotic beneficial intestinal bacteria can help reduce seasonal allergy symptoms