Soak vegetables in salt water to eliminate harmful chemicals, mistakes need to change
Many people have a habit of soaking raw vegetables and fruits in salt water to remove harmful chemicals and pesticides. But this is the wrong habit that needs to be changed because salt water only has antiseptic effect, but it has absolutely no effect in excluding pesticides, preservatives and chemicals in food.
- Water glasses that you drink every day can contain many harmful substances such as chlorine, pesticides, arsenic .
- It turns out how long we have been cooking the wrong way to risk arsenic contamination without knowing it
- 10 types of "bathing" vegetables and fruits are the most pesticides
Even vegetables soaked in salt water are too dense, too long to break, lose taste and even cause reverse osmosis.
What is the cleanest way to wash vegetables?
Instructions on how to wash fruits and vegetables to remove more than 90% of substances harmful to health by experts as follows:
- After buying vegetables and fruits, rinse under running water.
- Soak in salt-free water for about 10 minutes.
- Wash once more, then sprinkle with water.
- Store vegetables in the refrigerator, then bring them to wash again and then process them.
Note: Do not soak vegetables and fruits in water for too long as this will cause loss of vitamins.
The fruit and vegetable washing water is not absolutely safe
In addition to salt water for vegetables and fruits, housewives also use water to wash fruits and vegetables. But these solutions can only quickly remove stains and some toxic chemicals on the surface of vegetables. Whereas pesticides often penetrate deep inside, these specialized water cannot be removed.
Vegetable washing machines may also have the opposite effect
Ozone is a very toxic gas that can cause cancer. To wash away harmful substances, pesticides in vegetables and fruits using ozone aeration technology must reach the concentration of ozone in the water. But then, ozone gas will also be released, which negatively affects housewives.
In addition, in the current tap water has a lot of chlorine, ozone will combine with chlorine to create a new toxic compound durable.
Principle of washing each kind of green vegetables
Green vegetables are divided into 4 types: leaves, fruits, tubers and flowers. When washing, it is necessary to separate classification by each type of risk of contamination, pollution of different water sources.
Leafy vegetables: This vegetable is classified as the most polluted. In addition, due to the high concentration of E.Coli and Salmonella bacteria from watering fresh feces directly onto leaves, there is a risk of carrying high cholera germs.
How to wash leaf vegetables: soak them in water and wash each leaf and stem under the tap. With small leafy vegetables such as vegetables, water spinach . have to wash many times, then wash each small piece with the fist under the faucet.
To remove cholera, you can soak vegetables in a dilute salt water bath within 5 minutes (mix 10 liters of water and small teaspoon of salt).
Fruit and vegetables: This vegetable is less polluted than leafy vegetables but susceptible to pesticides.
When buying, do not eat immediately, but wash each fruit, then put it in preserved nylon in the refrigerator. After 2 days of taking out the processing, so that the pesticide has time to decompose but the vegetables still keep the freshness. Do not wash with salt water and put it in the refrigerator to keep it away because the fruit is easily damaged.
With ready-to-eat vegetables and fruits, it is advisable to rinse under water, then peel and rinse again.
Flower-eating vegetables: This vegetable is considered to be the most hygienic, so when processing, just wash clean flowers under the faucet to ensure safety.
See also: The best way to wash fruits to remove chemicals
- Water glasses that you drink every day can contain many harmful substances such as chlorine, pesticides, arsenic ...
- 6 million people in the US are using water that contains toxic chemicals
- Does salt actually make water boil faster than usual?
- What bad thing would happen to Earth if the sea was no longer salty?
- About 90% of Vietnamese eat excess salt, 4 hazards when Vietnamese eat too salty
- How to Dispose of Fireworks
- 8 habits when processing eggs harmful to health you need to quit immediately
- Single way against evil spirits of the old