Nvidia successfully developed an AI system that can create 3D models from 2D images
What if we could develop a 3D game world simply by taking pictures from our compact phone? Artificial intelligence researchers from Nvidia have recently developed an AI system capable of predicting and constructing complete 3D models from any 2D image.
This AI system is called 'DIB-R', the most outstanding advantage is the ability to take 2D images of any object itself, then predict the state of the object in three-dimensional space, including a Number of basic elements such as light, texture and depth.
In a nutshell, DIB-R can combine what it sees itself (2D images) and make inferences based on the knowledge of the 3D world it has been trained in. This is very similar to the way humans perceive 2D images from the naked eye and imagine the 3D model of that image in their heads.
'Imagine being able to step into the vivid space of a photo you just took, or even return to the past space of old photos, into it, to be able to see everything from angles. different levels . all will come true with the help of AI models such as DIB-R, '' said Sanja Fidler, Nvidia's AI director and lead researcher of DIB-R, in an interview. interview.
In the near future, Nvidia engineers hope to be able to add to DIB-R functions that can essentially turn this AI model into an intensive virtual reality rendering engine. Such a system will be able to create a vivid, complete 3D world from photographs, in as little as a quick time, in less than 1 second.
The ability to render 3D space from photos opens up great creative potential for content developers, and makes technologies like Google Maps more attractive than ever. In the future, even a photographer can become a 3D content creator without having to write a single line of code, because the most difficult tasks will be undertaken by machines. We will no longer need complex machine systems and thousands of programming engineers to create a large open world game like Skyrim and Grand Theft Auto, everything will be handled neatly by AI.
- Japan's artificial intelligence has created ultra-realistic virtual fashion models
- Nvidia launched an AI computer exclusively for developers, manufacturers and researchers, for $ 99
- Scientists successfully cultivate the perfect human vascular system in the laboratory
- HP laptops are 'cheap' because of Nvidia graphics cards
- How to create GIF images with Google's Gboard keyboard on iPhone and Android
- The world's first terrain-crossing robot can move like a snake
- Surprisingly, Nvidia RTX 2060 & 2070 Super graphics card, GPU performance is better, price is constant
- The new MacBook Pro can use Nvidia graphics