Need to be careful when using kitchen utensils

Kitchen utensils, if they are of poor quality or used incorrectly, can affect your health.  

The items in the kitchen seem simple, but if you choose poor quality or use them incorrectly, they can also affect your health.  

Need to be careful when using kitchen utensils Picture 1 Need to be careful when using kitchen utensils

first

Non-stick pan

Non-stick pots and pans are increasingly used in family kitchens. But a new recommendation has been made recently that if used for a long time, non-stick pans can cause poisoning, especially fake and poor quality non-stick pans and pans that are being sold a lot on the market today. .

With fake non-stick pans, the non-stick layer is actually just a layer of heat-resistant paint. As a paint, when cooked at high temperature, the fake non-stick layer will create a smoke layer containing complexes such as Perfluoisobutylene, Perfluorooctanoic Acidpfoa, Carbonylchlorride. These are toxic substances harmful to health with symptoms of chest tightness, shortness of breath. if used regularly.

With real non-stick pots and pans, although there are no recommendations to ban their use, experts say that there is a Teflon layer in the non-stick pan. Perfluorooctanoic Acid, abbreviated as PFOA, has been found to be one of the ingredients in the production of Teflon, a potential human carcinogen. At high temperatures of 300 - 400°C, this substance can also create toxic fumes that are no less harmful than heat-resistant paint that is harmful to the lungs.

Fortunately, you can completely limit these effects with a few small cooking habits. When cooking with non-stick pots and pans, you should not let the temperature be too high, the pot should not be left on the hot stove, but always have food on it. Need to stop using with non-stick pans that have peeled off the non-stick coating.

2

Aluminum pot

With the advantage of good heat conduction and low price, aluminum pots are used quite commonly in Vietnamese kitchens. However, some uses of aluminum pots can be harmful to your family's health.

Aluminum pot is confirmed by scientists that it should not be used to cook salty foods with a lot of salt, fish sauce, vinegar . because when cooking will produce aluminum salts that are toxic to the human body. Especially the type of aluminum pot produced from scrap aluminum source, not handling all impurities if contaminated with aluminum in food will be harmful to the body. Research results have shown that when the body is exposed to high aluminum, it can reduce red blood cells in the blood, lose calcium and phosphorus in the bones.

The good news is that only in an acidic, salt, sour. or too salty environment, the surface of aluminum products can easily release aluminum ions into food. So you just need to avoid cooking these foods with aluminum pots to avoid most of the risks from aluminum pots and pans.

3

Microwave - Microwave

Microwave or microwave cooking, MicroWave is increasingly popular in homes. So do you know how different traditional cooking methods are from microwave cooking? When we use fire, coal or gas to cook food, the food is gradually cooked and decomposed from protein. into amino acids or peptides. easy to digest, or if left to burn for a long time, it becomes finished. produce many toxins. Microwave cooking with microwaves makes food cook very quickly in minutes.

US scientists have warned that with the rapid heating when cooking in the microwave, food not only decomposes into easily digestible substances, but also can produce some foreign substances that weaken the immune system. In addition, contrary to normal cooking rules, microwave ovens do not heat food evenly but heat in points, resulting in different hot and cold positions on the food. This makes it impossible to kill all the bacteria present in the food as they will still survive in cold spots.

However, the microwave will pose very little risk of harm if the food in the microwave has been processed normally. Microwaves are best used only when necessary to reheat food.

4

Gas stove

Experts have confirmed that the gas from the gas stove is harmful to your health, especially the lungs. Scientists at two Scottish universities collected samples of PM10, a pollutant produced by gas stoves, and passed them through a culture of cells commonly found on the surface of the lungs. As a result, the cells became inflamed. In humans, this often leads to narrowing of the airways and prevents the patient from breathing normally. This is because, when burned, gas will produce a lot of Nitrogen Dioxide, a gas that can reduce the ability to breathe and worsen the condition of people with lung disease.

Therefore, when using a gas stove, you should always keep your kitchen well-ventilated and enhance gas exchange with the outside. The bad effects of gas can only have serious consequences when it regularly affects your lungs.

5

Porcelain and plastic dishes

Many types of bowls, plates, cups and cups used in the kitchen are made from two common types, porcelain and plastic. With glazed porcelain, on the market today there are many types of poor quality porcelain dishes. In those products there is a certain amount of lead that is harmful to health.

The special thing is that experiments have shown that the more colorful the patterned porcelain, the higher the lead content. Because these patterns are glued or painted to ferment, they must be fired at low temperatures to retain their color, so lead toxins in porcelain cannot be removed. These effects are more pronounced when poor quality porcelain is used to store hot, sour foods and juices, as heat and Acids will cause the toxins in the pattern to be released more quickly.

With plastic, food can also be harmful to health. Poor quality plastic can contaminate food, causing depression and cancer.

Therefore, when choosing dishes or utensils for the kitchen, do not hesitate to choose high-quality goods. Because these are utensils that will come in direct contact with your food. Also, do not put pickles in plastic or porcelain but should be kept in glass jars to prevent the Acid in the melons from promoting the process of poisoning from utensils into food.

« PREV
NEXT »