Guide to drawing beautiful mouth anime characters
Mouth is a great detail to show the mood and emotion of the character you are drawing. In this article, TipsMake.com will show you how to draw mouths for anime characters with different emotional expressions from the front perspective.
The mouth of anime or manga characters is very simple. No need to draw full mouth lips, just draw with one or two curves depending on the case. The mouth tends to be smaller in real life but also depends on the expression and state of the character. For example, when the character is surprised or angry, the mouth will open very large, while the normal state will be pretty small mouth.
Position of mouth on character face
To determine the position of the mouth of the character on the face, you outline two baselines that lie horizontally below the nose and below the chin. The lower lip is in the middle of these two lines, the mouth is just a little above.
If the mouth or lips move from the normal state, you can adjust the size and position accordingly.
Oral drawing steps for Anime and Manga characters
If you want to draw the mouth of an open character, start by sketching the mouth shape, then adding details, usually just drawing more tongue or teeth.
When polishing or coloring, the inside of the mouth should be the darkest, the color is lighter and the teeth are the brightest (usually white).
Character mouth when closed and open
When drawing the head and face, draw the lower jaw so that the mouth opening will be higher when the mouth is closed
Finally, you perfect your mouth along with other facial details.
You can refer to the Anime Anime character head and face tutorial and the male anime character's head and face drawing for more information.
- Instructions for drawing Anime and Manga characters from different positions
- Guide to drawing eye-catching anime characters
- Tutorial to draw Anime Chibi characters step by step
- Guide to drawing female head and face characters
- Instructions for drawing details on Anime and Manga characters
- Guide to drawing male heads and face characters
- Instructions on how to draw the hand of Anime and Manga characters
- Revealing 4-step painting, simple, beautiful Anime characters