14 interesting facts about Russia
Russia is bigger than a planet, used to tax people who grew beards, had up to 9 time zones. these are interesting things about Russia that surprise many people.
1. Russia is bigger than a planet
Russia is the largest country in the world with a surface area of 17 million square kilometers, larger than Pluto (16.6 million square kilometers).
2. Russia has 9 time zones
As the largest country in the world by area, this country has 9 time zones. This also affects economic activities in the country of birch.
3. Death Lake Karachay
Russia's beautiful Lake Karachay with deep blue water is the lake of death because it is located in the area of the Mayak Production Union - one of the largest nuclear facilities and has the highest level of radiation leaks. Therefore, if you do not stay around the lake within 5 minutes, people can die.
4. Russia has the longest railway in the world
The Trans-Siberian Railway is the longest single-track railway in the world with a total length of 9,289 km. This railway stretches almost across Russia.
5. Population of Russia
In Russia, there are 11 million more women than men, leading to a gender imbalance.
Since 1993, Russia's population has decreased by 6.6 million people, and this number is forecast to increase to 126.6 million people by 2050.
6. If you have a beard, you have to pay taxes
Anyone who grew a beard during the reign of Peter the Great in the 16th century was required to pay a tax, known as the "beard tax".
Peter the Great made this decision after he visited Europe and discovered that many developed countries did not have beards. Therefore, the beard tax was created to motivate people to shave cleanly.
7. Cats are museum staff
Some museums in Russia have "hired" cats as official employees whose mission is to destroy the obnoxious rats that destroy works of humanity day and night.
9. The most crowded subway in the world
In Russia, about 9 million people use metro services every day, more than the number of people in London and New York combined. Vykhino Station in Moscow is the busiest metro station, receiving about 176,629 people every day.
10. Used to consider beer as a refreshing drink like. soft drinks
It wasn't until 2013 that Russians considered beer an alcoholic beverage. Therefore, before that, beer was consumed a lot in Russia.
11. Has the coldest inhabited town on Earth
The town of Oymyakon, in the Yakutia region of Siberia, had the coldest temperature ever recorded at -77.8°C in 1938. The average temperature in this town in December and January is -50°C. This is considered one of the coldest inhabited towns on Earth.
12. Russia's fuel pipeline system
Russia's fuel pipeline system has a total length of 259,913 km including condensate, gas, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), oil, and refined products pipeline systems. Meanwhile, the circumference of the Earth is only 40,075 km.
13. Owns the longest river in Europe
The Volga River located in western Russia is the longest river in Europe, with a length of 3,690 km (not including small tributaries).
14. The highest mountain in Europe
Elbrus is a mountain peak located in the western Caucasus Mountains with a height of 5,642 meters, the highest mountain peak in Europe.
- 11 interesting and quirky historical facts that make everyone think it's a joke
- 12 interesting facts about food that everyone should know
- 21 interesting facts about the human body not everyone knows
- Interesting scientific facts surprise you
- 20+ interesting facts about Chicken species you may not know yet
- 16 interesting facts that are hard to find on Google
- 6 interesting facts about AI you may not know
- 18 interesting facts about the human body that make you say 'miraculous'