Standard for selecting copper pipes before installing air conditioners and air conditioners
The size of the copper pipe when installing air conditioner, air conditioner is very important for the operation of the machine but it is not known and noticed by many people.
Each air conditioner company will have specific regulations to size when installing air conditioner, air conditioner. Therefore, the selection of a standard-sized copper pipe, suitable for air-conditioner capacity, is an important and necessary meaning, because copper pipes are 'souls' that determine life expectancy and Operating capacity of air conditioner. However, at present, when buying air conditioner, consumers do not care much about air conditioning installation as well as selection of special materials, especially copper pipes, to ensure safety during use. So how to choose the gravure to fit and save, invite you to refer to the article below.
1. Gravure size
The copper pipe for this air conditioner mainly uses 2 types:
- For 1 HP machines (~ 9000 BTU), use copper pipes with an outer diameter of 10 mm.
- For 1.5 HP machines (~ 12000 BTU), use copper pipes with an outer diameter of 10 mm or 12 mm.
- For 2 HP machines (~ 18000 BTU), use copper pipes with an outer diameter of 12 mm.
- For a 2.5 HP machine (~ 24000 BTU), use copper pipes with an outer diameter of 12 mm or 16 mm.
2. Gravure thickness between the outdoor unit and the indoor unit
In addition to copper pipe size, the length of the copper pipe between the outdoor unit and the indoor unit is also a must for consumers before installation.
When selecting copper pipes for air conditioning, if choosing copper pipes too short, it is easy to crack pipes, gas leaks clog, leading to fast equipment damage. Conversely, if the copper pipe is too long, it affects the air conditioning capacity, causing the air conditioner to not cool itself, heat up, and run the wrong performance.
For each different company, there are separate rules about the size of copper pipes for their products (usually minimum length is about 3m, maximum is about 15m or 20-30m depending on type), to be more sure, you should take Check product specifications before selecting copper pipes.
Example: For air conditioners with a capacity of 9000 BTU - 12000 BTU: The pipe is no longer than 15m.
For air conditioners with a capacity of 18000BTU - 24000BTU: The pipe is no longer than 20m.
3. The height difference between the outdoor unit and the indoor unit
In addition to the size and thickness of the copper pipe, you should also pay attention and follow the height difference of the outdoor unit and indoor unit. This difference in height must also be within the manufacturer's allowable limits.
For example: In the case of customers installing cheap Daikin air conditioners:
For machines with a capacity of 9000BTU - 12000BTU, the distance between the outdoor unit and the indoor unit is not more than 5m.
For machines with a capacity of 18000BTU - 24000BTU, the distance must not exceed 10 meters.
In addition, when installing the outdoor unit and indoor unit, you need to comply with the following requirements:
Requirements for installation of indoor units
- Install the indoor unit on the wall very firmly and balanced to avoid shaking.
- The air flow in and out is unimpeded so that the gas can spread all over the room.
- Do not install the indoor unit where there is direct sunlight.
- Install the indoor unit where it can be connected to the outdoor outdoor unit in the easiest way.
- Install the indoor unit where the drainage pipe can be easily installed and the air filter can be removed for regular maintenance and cleaning.
- The drainage line in the indoor unit must be steep.
Requirements for installation of outdoor units
- If possible, the outdoor unit should not be installed where there is direct sunlight.
- Do not install the outdoor unit in a place where strong winds or heavy dust are present.
- Do not place the outdoor unit in a place where many people pass by.
- Do not place the outdoor unit directly on the ground.
- Note to the direction of the neighbor's house because it is very likely that the air from the outdoor unit blows on the window or makes noise.
- The place to set the outdoor unit must be open, the distance between the wall surrounding with two gables and behind the hot rig must be cm 30cm
Above are the points to comply with the size of copper pipes when installing air conditioner that you need to note.
- Installation of one air conditioner for two rooms with savings?
- How to clean the air conditioner properly?
- Wrong habits when using air conditioning
- What should be noted when installing the hood?
- What types of air conditioner are available today?
- Installing Internet at home: Optical cable or copper cable?
- Learn the structure, installation and use of air conditioners
- Portable air conditioners: How to buy the best one for your home
- Why are cartridges usually made of copper and not steel, lead or aluminum?
- How to clear the drain hose when clogged with vinegar simple and effective
- Learn about energy saving technologies on air conditioners
- 10 things absolutely should not be drained down the drain pipe
- Compare Gree, Casper and Funiki air conditioners