The new jailbreak tool, called "checkra1n", was developed based on the "checkm8" vulnerability that existed on previously discovered iPhone / iPad devices, already released. Checkra1n allows users to jailbreak all the latest iOS versions at the present time (from 12.3 to iOS 13.2.2).
The developer of the tool said "checkra1n" will support jailbreaking devices running on the Apple A11 chip or less including iPhone models from iPhone 5s to iPhone X running on the latest iOS versions. iPhone XR / XS / XS Max and the newly released iPhone 11 trio have been patched with a bootroom flaw and cannot be jailbroken with this tool.
The flaw that 'checkra1n "exploits is based on hardware so Apple cannot patch it with just a software update. This means that the" checkra1n "tool can easily jailbreak any iOS version that is released. For future releases on supported iPhone / iPad models.
In order to jailbreak using the 'checkra1n' tool, your device needs to be running on Apple A11 chip or less (support from iPhone 5s to iPhone X) and run iOS 12.3 or higher.
The "checkra1n" tool currently only supports macOS and is still in beta. If you want to experience, you can visit the link below to download the tool "checkra1n" for macOS.
- Before proceeding with jailbreak, you need to backup all your data.
- This tool is just a tethered jailbreak so every reboot of the device will have to be jailbroken again.
- iPad Air 2, iPad 5th generation, iPad Pro first generation is not supported to jailbreak by this tool. IPhone 5s, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air devices have lower jailbreak rates.
- Currently, jailbreak tweaks do not yet support iOS 13, developers will update in the near future.
- "Checkra1n" is only an experimental version, so there will still be errors during the jailbreak process, which can cause your device to lose data or become "bricks" . Therefore, you should consider carefully before using this tool.